How cute are these? It’s hard not to admire them. Slovak designer Roman Ficek was inspired by the paper sailboats of our childhood while designing these candles. He used the basic, well-known origami formula in a new material which enabled it to serve functional as Floating Candle Sailboats. They are available in seven pastel colors and they look even more aesthetic with their thin walls that lets the light to pass through them, highlighting their beauty. Reflections of the colored light on the water surface also enhances the effect. They have a burning time of 3,5 hours and are designed for calm water surfaces such as a water-filled bowl for decoration or simply a garden pool. How georgous they will look in a pool at nighs, right? I would definitely recommend them for weddings and events too.
Back in Turkey, of course I knew about Halloween. However, it’s not a part of our culture so there are just a few Halloween parties and nothing more. This year, it was a whole new experience for me! It was my first time celebrating it with approximately 500.000 people in West Hollywood and it was C-R-A-Z-Y !
Other than the costume I wasn’t well prepared for Halloween I just carved some pumpkins with my roomie. But I understood that people get much more creative than this. Here are some examples that were most interesting (or maybe most disgusting and horryfing!) for me. They are really easy “Do it yourself” projects, maybe try them next year!
Try starting the day with a scary-licious breakfast:
Skull Eggs & Bacon
Some other appetizers for the day; if you have the appetite for them!
1) Jello Worms: Simple to create disgusting worms with the help of straws.
2)Hand-punch: Really simple, all you need is a rubber glove filled with water get frozen.
3) Did you want hot-dogs? We have HOT-FINGERS!
This is truly scary, just make sure you serve them open and everybody sees what’s inside.
4) Watermelon brain: It’s strange how a watermelon can look so similar with a brain. This one will take some time and be careful with the knife.
5) Dead Gingerbread Man: It’s not scary but really cool, isn’t it? I would really like to make them but I would have to get another cookie to eat since they are so beautiful to be eaten 🙂
Prepare some simple yet scary decorations for your house:
1) Bloody Candles: Put them everywhere!
2) Welcome Carpet: Just fill some old socks and put some shoes. Not that scary but surprising for your guests.
3) Must have: Carved Pumpkin. I really liked this one’s design, be creative!
4) Head in a jar: This one’s very simple and crazy! Just follow the steps shown in the picture. Print a photo and put it in a filled jar and place it in your fridge/cupboard. This will certainly get people scared!