Back in Turkey, of course I knew about Halloween. However, it’s not a part of our culture so there are just a few Halloween parties and nothing more. This year, it was a whole new experience for me! It was my first time celebrating it with approximately 500.000 people in West Hollywood and it was C-R-A-Z-Y !
Other than the costume I wasn’t well prepared for Halloween I just carved some pumpkins with my roomie. But I understood that people get much more creative than this. Here are some examples that were most interesting (or maybe most disgusting and horryfing!) for me. They are really easy “Do it yourself” projects, maybe try them next year!
- Try starting the day with a scary-licious breakfast:
- Some other appetizers for the day; if you have the appetite for them!
2)Hand-punch: Really simple, all you need is a rubber glove filled with water get frozen.
3) Did you want hot-dogs? We have HOT-FINGERS!
This is truly scary, just make sure you serve them open and everybody sees what’s inside.
4) Watermelon brain: It’s strange how a watermelon can look so similar with a brain. This one will take some time and be careful with the knife.
- 5) Dead Gingerbread Man: It’s not scary but really cool, isn’t it? I would really like to make them but I would have to get another cookie to eat since they are so beautiful to be eaten 🙂
- Prepare some simple yet scary decorations for your house:
1) Bloody Candles: Put them everywhere!
2) Welcome Carpet: Just fill some old socks and put some shoes. Not that scary but surprising for your guests.
3) Must have: Carved Pumpkin. I really liked this one’s design, be creative!
4) Head in a jar: This one’s very simple and crazy! Just follow the steps shown in the picture. Print a photo and put it in a filled jar and place it in your fridge/cupboard. This will certainly get people scared!